I thrifted these great curtains without knowing what I was going to use them for. They were a funky shape at 12 inches wide and 26 inches long. But, I really loved the color and pattern, so I purchased them.
Once I got them home, I realized they match my downstairs bathroom perfectly. It just so happened, I wanted to add a simple valance to that window. I thought with a little transformation, I could make them work. I removed the tabs and the top decorative fabric from the top of the curtains.
Then I reworked them onto the long side to make it fit my window.
I sewed the decorative fabric back on (taking it up another inch to show more of the under curtain), added it to a curtain rod and tada…
Not a great picture, but not bad for a $1.00 investment.